At some point in your life, you will need a pair of dress shoes to use for different events such as business gatherings, weddings, party or perhaps just for your casual day-to-day attire. Whatever suits your style or preference, investing in dress shoes is a must-have for every man’s wardrobe.
There are actually many types of dress shoes to choose from. However, there are seven common types of dress shoes which are oxford, blucher shoe, monk strap, loafers, desert boot and opera pump. Each type comes with its own advantages and disadvantages so you will want to find out which style best suits you for whatever occasions you may have coming up.
Leather dress shoes provide you a blend of the perfect design and comfort. You can also choose the different models like oxford, blucher shoe, loafers or opera pump in leather. Additionally, with a leather dress shoe, cleaning becomes easier, and you won’t have to worry about losing the shine even if you use it for a few years.
So, when you are trying to choose the shoes, it can get confusing, if you haven’t any idea of what you should be looking for in a dress shoe. To make your job easier, in this article, we’re going to provide you with a product roundup of three different leather dress shoes. This will come in handy if you are looking for a concise roundup of the top three dress shoes available in the market.
#1 Clarks Men’s Tilden Cap Oxford
Tilden Cap, one of the creations of Clarks, a company based in the USA who has been in the industry for over 100 years already, are dress shoes made of leather which identifies itself as a derby type of dress shoes (although the name says its oxford). It prides itself on its built-in insoles which protect it from moisture, odor, fungus.
Moreover, it is made with extra cushioning to provide all-day comfort. Other features include:
- Made of synthetic sole
- Upper material: leather
- Lining material: fabric
- Sole material: TPR
- Fastening type: lace
- Nice looking dress shoes with its professional and contemporary feel and style
- Very comfortable due to its extra cushioning
- Perfect for day-to-day office setting
- Good support and built to last for years
- Strikes a good balance between fashion and function
- A well-crafted dress shoe with modern touches
- There may be problems with sizes with some of it being either a little bit too large or too small
- Could be wider at the toe and narrow at the heel vice versa
- Heavy to wear
- May have problems with polishing or getting an even shine on the shoe
- Inside cushioning wears out quickly
- Listed as oxford shoes when it’s actually derby shoes
#2 NXT NEW YORK Genuine Leather Oxford Shoes for Men Zapatos de Hombre Loafer Comfortable Classic Shoes
- Made of genuine leather
- Upper: Cow Leather, Lining: Synthetic
- Comfort Insole
- Stacked Heel: 3 CM
- Product runs a bit large so it will be recommended to order a size down
- Durable cow leather
- Easy to wear due to double gore design
- Thicker outsole
- Made of lightweight materials
- Made of pure leather
- Looks great with suit
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Nice-styled dress shoes
- Fits perfectly
- Can also be worn with jeans and shirt depending on the style
- Has a classy look
- Works best for business casual attire
- Does not always sit flush.
#3 Rainlin Men’s Breathable Leather Lined Perforated Dress Oxfords Shoes
Rainlin oxford shoes are made of leather. An emerging brand in the shoe category, it promises great comfort and style at an affordable price. If you’re looking for a nice, inexpensive pair of dress shoes to use for an event, Rainlin can be your go-to dress shoes. Other features include:
- Faux leather upper
- Classic breathable face
- Round toe design
- Cushioned footbed for comfort
- Non-skid outsole
- Flexible and comfortable oxford shoes
- Looks great with Tuxedo
- Can be worn with slim fit chinos or khakis
- Can be as casual to pair with jeans
- Consistent with the product description and photos
- Squeaks on certain surfaces
- Has strong chemical/rubber smell
- Console is too thin
- Fits a little tight for wide feet
- Tip of the shoe is pointed up
Now, we have successfully reviewed three either dress shoes namely Tilden Cap, NXT NEW YORK, and Rainlin and provided you with their product features as well as their pros and cons. In order to pick the best dress shoes, you must ensure that it is made of high-quality materials, well-crafted, comfortable and stylish for a great value. Additionally, it should also provide you with great value for money. Clearly, Tilden Cap is the definitely the best choice out of the three.
When you are choosing a dress shoe, you should not only look at the price but also the comfort. This is because your feet need to feel comfortable for long hours. So, if you don’t have great shoes, you’d be unable to enjoy the occasion.
Tilden Cap offers you the highest level of comfort with its extra cushioning so you don’t hurt your feet even after several hours of use. It is professional looking and gives you a real gentlemanly look best suited for business attire. It can also be worn with attire that leans a bit more to casual. On top of that, it is very durable and made to last for years at a very affordable price.