Today, with the advent of technology, people easily find ways to resolve any type of problem. If they don’t have time to buy personal stuff or even essential household products, they resort to online shopping; if they want to talk to distant friends, they do chat or video calls; and if they see any cosmetic flaw, they opt for surgery.
If there’s one thing that technology cannot resolve, it’s any issues with your height. This is probably one of the things that no type of technological equipment can solve also because it is impossible to increase height by surgery. Height is something that people can only acquire naturally.
So if you are reading this article now because you’re looking for tips on how to look taller, we promise to try our best to help. We won’t advise you to go under the knife, but we will provide ideas on how to increase your height easily and safely. Believe it or not, your footwear plays an important part in your overall look. So if you want to look taller, you have to purchase the perfect pair of shoes that make you taller in order to increase your height and boost self-confidence.
You might probably be asking “Can dress shoes make you taller?” Read on and let us tell you why your choice of shoes tremendously helps short men in achieving a taller look.
Do Dress Shoes Make You Taller?
Luckily, there’s a lot of footwear products that are specially designed for men who want to increase height. Some brands feature a 2-inch platform while others even provide dress shoes with as high as 4-inch heels. It is like wearing shoes with hidden inserts to secretly make you look extra taller.
Shoe lifts, as they’re called, are probably one of the best inventions made for men. High heels are very common for women, but not a usual thing for males. It became acceptable and normal nevertheless because the society believes that height matters, especially for men. Moreover, thick soles do not only add height, but they also boost self-confidence and help men achieve a better look.
There’s a lot of increasing height dress shoes on the market so make sure you know what you need so you won’t get fooled by too-good-to-be-true claims made by some footwear manufacturers. Also, keep in mind that a nice pair of shoes with thick soles should be good enough that people would think you are actually wearing platform shoes and not the heeled ones.
Bring home the perfect pair of shoes with these dos and don’ts tips:
- If you need comfortable footwear, look for shoes with tapered toes. The front edge of this kind of shoes is narrow and pointed giving users a taller look.
- Find a pair of shoes with the right fit. Big shoes will result in improper outfit proportion; they will also make you totally uncomfortable.
- Choose shoes with simple designs. Eye-catching shoes will definitely draw attention to your feet, so opt for something classy yet minimalist. You might want to add a scarf to your get-up, wear vertical stripes, or put on other accessories on your upper body to keep other people’s eyes there.
- Purchase high-quality footwear. Sometimes spending more today for a quality pair of shoes is better than having to replace them only a few months later. It is not easy to get used to increasing height shoes so find footwear that you will feel comfortable wearing and built so that you can use them for a long time.
- One of the things to avoid is using ugly shoe lifts. Remember that your main goal in using increasing height shoes is to gain and boost your confidence so opt for something that will really help you achieve that goal. Also, ugly shoe lifts will make the height difference noticeable.
- Avoid buying shoes that are too big. Always wear your size because oversized shoes will only make you look like you’re overcompensating.
- Stay away from shoes with square toes. This type of shoes will only make you appear shorter.
- Do not buy cheap shoes. Buying inexpensive shoes is fine but never compromise quality over the price. If you want to look classy, decent, and elegant, you will have to spend a little more for good quality products.
Advantages of Wearing Mens High Heeled Shoes
- High heels boost confidence. You will never feel weak and vulnerable again when you’re approached by a taller man next time.
- Improves posture. Your shoes’ hidden insoles do not only help you look taller it will also allow you to stand and walk naturally with good posture.
- Better physique. Unlike walking in flat shoes, shoes with thick soles will help you improve your physique because walking in them requires you to raise your back heel.
- Improves leg muscles. Using high heeled dress shoes will also reshape your leg muscles and improve your body’s functionality.
- Makes men look more elegant. High heeled shoes naturally bring out elegance. Combined with a classy and stylish suit, men will definitely look more prominent when wearing them.
Now, you probably have an answer to the question, “do dress shoes make you taller?” As they always say, how you dress up tremendously affects how people perceive you. Men who want to look more respectable understand that a nice stylish wardrobe means having a good outfit combination from head to foot.
It’s no longer challenging for short men to look taller because there’s a lot of remedies available, one of those is the high heeled footwear. Even some Hollywood celebrities like Mark Wahlberg, Tom Cruise, George Clooney, and Robert Downey Jr. wear high heels.
There’s nothing wrong with wanting to look taller but always keep in mind the dos and don’ts that we shared with you so you won’t end up buying a wrong pair of dress shoes. Remember that good quality shoes should not only by classy and elegant; they also help you to achieve your height goal.