Today, with the advent of technology, people easily find ways to resolve any problem. If they don’t have time to buy personal stuff or even essential household products, they resort to online shopping; if they want to talk to distant friends, there’s chat or video calls; and if they see any cosmetic flaw, they may opt for surgery.
If there’s one thing that technology cannot resolve, it’s any perceived issues with your height. This is probably one of the few things that no type of technological equipment can solve. Height is something that people can only acquire naturally.
So if you’re reading this article because you’re looking for tips on how to look taller, we’ll try our best to help. We won’t advise you to go under the knife, but we will provide ideas on how to increase your height easily and safely. Believe it or not, your footwear plays an integral part in your overall look. So if you want to look taller, you have to purchase the proper pair of shoes that make you taller to increase your height and boost your self-confidence.
You might be asking, “Can dress shoes make you taller?” Read on and let us tell you why your choice of shoes can tremendously help vertically challenged men in achieving a taller look.
Do Dress Shoes Make You Taller?
Luckily, there are many footwear products that are specially designed for men who want to increase height. Some brands feature a 2-inch platform while others even provide dress shoes with as high as 4-inch heels. It’s like wearing shoes with hidden inserts to secretly make you look taller.
Shoe lifts, as they’re called, are probably one of the best inventions made for men. High heels are ubiquitous for women, but not the usual thing for males. It became acceptable and normal nevertheless because society believes that height matters, especially for men. Moreover, thick soles do not only add height, but they also boost self-confidence and help men achieve a more desirable look.
There’s a lot of increasing height dress shoes on the market so make sure you know what you need so you won’t get fooled by too-good-to-be-true claims made by some footwear manufacturers. Also, keep in mind that a nice pair of dress shoes with thick soles should be good enough that people would think you are wearing platform shoes and not the heeled ones.
Bring home the perfect pair of shoes with these dos and don’ts tips:
- If you need comfortable footwear, look for shoes with tapered toes. The front edge of this kind of shoes is narrow and pointed, giving users a taller look.
- Find a pair of shoes with the right fit. Big shoes will result in improper outfit proportion; they will also make you uncomfortable.
- Choose shoes with simple designs. Eye-catching shoes will draw attention to your feet, so opt for something classy yet minimalist. You might want to add a scarf to your get-up, wear vertical stripes, or put on other accessories on your upper body to keep other people’s eyes there.
- Purchase high-quality footwear. Sometimes spending more today for a quality pair of shoes is better than having to replace them only a few months later. It’s not easy to get used to increasing height shoes, so find footwear that you will feel comfortable wearing and built so that you can use them for a long time.
- One of the things to avoid is using ugly shoe lifts. Remember that your main goal in using increasing height shoes is to gain and boost your confidence, so opt for something that will help you achieve that goal. Also, ugly shoe lifts will make the height difference noticeable.
- Avoid buying shoes that are too big. Always wear your size because oversized shoes will only make you look like you’re overcompensating.
- Stay away from shoes with square toes. This type of shoes will only make you appear shorter.
- Do not buy cheap shoes. Buying inexpensive shoes is fine but never compromise quality over the price. If you want to look classy, decent, and elegant, you will have to spend a little more for better quality products.
Advantages of Wearing Men’s Higher Heeled Shoes
- Higher heels boost confidence. You’ll never feel vulnerable again when a taller man approaches you.
- Improves posture. Your shoes’ hidden insoles don’t only help you look taller; it will also allow you to stand and walk naturally with good posture.
- Better physique. Unlike walking in flat shoes, shoes with thick soles will help you improve your physique because walking in them requires you to raise your back heel.
- Improves leg muscles. Using high heeled dress shoes will also reshape your leg muscles and improve your body’s functionality.
- Makes men look more elegant. High heeled shoes naturally bring out elegance. Combined with a classy and stylish suit, men will look more prominent when wearing them.
Now, you have an answer to the question, “do dress shoes make you taller?” As they always say, how you dress up affects how people perceive you. Men who want to look more respectable understand that a stylish wardrobe means having the right outfit combination from head to foot.
It’s no longer challenging for short men to look taller because there’s a lot of remedies available, one of those is higher heeled footwear. Even some Hollywood celebrities like Mark Wahlberg, Tom Cruise, George Clooney, and Robert Downey Jr. can be seen wearing higher heeled shoes.
There’s nothing wrong with wanting to look taller but always keep in mind the dos and don’ts that we shared with you so you won’t end up buying an unsuitable pair of dress shoes. Remember that good quality shoes are not only classy and elegant; they can also help you achieve your height goals.