The market has a wide range of options when it comes to dress shoes for different budgets. The following review is being written to give a brief idea of the best dress shoes that one can buy under $200. It is advised to invest well in a pair of shoes as the more you invest, the more the pair will last for the years to come.
Given below are some of the golden rules that if followed closely could lead to a stylish experience while choosing your next pair of shoes
The right shoe for the right occasion – the most common mistake men make is to wear a pair of shoes that don’t quite fit the overall ambiance and the setting. Running shoes are made for all your outdoor activities, and a pair of work boots with steel toe inserts is made to be worn by the industrial worker to keep his feet safe from any injuries caused by accidental drops of heavy equipment.
Now if we swap the two different footwear then they don’t quite feel right as per the setting right!? Wear shoes outside their preferred setting, but keep in mind, do the same as long as it seems appropriate.
Quality investment, not quantity – affording a pair of expensive shoes is not something that’s possible for everyone. But if you do have some money to spare for your next bottle of wine or those Cuban cigars, why not spend the same on a decent pair of shoes.
Buying inexpensive shoes every few months when you’re starting out is fine however investing in a pair of shoes that are a little more expensive but will last longer due to their overall quality and materials being used should be your ultimate goal.
Stacy Adams Men’s Dickinson Cap-Toe Oxfords
The most conservative and basic form of dress shoe is the cap-toe design of oxford shoes. If your requirement is that of a daily use, durable and reliable pair of shoes for both casual dining and work environments, opting for a pair of pair of cap-toe oxfords is the best decision.
From the post-war era that saw the boom in business and overall lifestyle of the Americans, Stacy Adams men’s dress shoes have been a style partner of the modern American man for the past 100 years.
- Leather material for longevity and reliability
- The sole is made from synthetic material that does not wear away with use
- The retro cap-toe designed pair of oxfords feature brogue styled trims with perforations and hidden eyelets for the lacing system
- The insides of the shoe is equipped with memory foam for added comfort and perfect fit
- Low heel in a stacked manner and a contrasting design of the outsole
- The shoe feels a bit stiff at the beginning
- The shoes are not equipped with any support in the arch region
Bruno MARC GORDON-03 Oxford
The laced up shoes that are designed to be worn with suits and formal wear and is usually within the height of a man’s ankle are called oxfords.
There are two types of oxfords and are classified into two categories namely bluchers and balmorals. The two types of shoes are distinct in the type of lacing systems incorporated in them.
Bruno Marc is a shoe manufacturer based in New York and offers classic and elegant looking dress shoes in all sorts of colors. The shoes from the house of Bruno Marc feature upper portions made from faux leather, retro designed lacing systems, leather lining, anti-skid soles etc.
Bruno Marc men’s shoes deliver quality and style at an affordable price range.
- Manufactured from synthetic material that offers weather proof performance and durability
- 1’’ height of the heel
- The footbed of the shoe is made from latex and the overall shoe is lined with premium leather
- Retro design in snipe toe style
- Comfortable to wear oxfords
- Strong smell that fades away over time with use
Calvin Klein Men’s Brodie Oxford
Oxfords are simply those dress or formal shoes that are equipped with closed laces and stylized in a minimalistic manner than other styles of dress shoes. If your attire is formal wear and suits, then oxfords are the best type of shoes that one could opt for.
An American at heart, Calvin Klein men’s shoes are part of a fashion brand that is headquartered in the Midtown Manhattan area of New York. There’s no need to introduce the name of the brand to the masses due to their commitment to quality, popularity and awe-inspiring designs.
- Imported leather
- Sole made from synthetic material for added durability
- The height of the heel is approximately 1’’
- The upper portion of the shoe is made from smooth leather
- The inserts of the shoe is made from soft padding material
- Overall quality of the product could have been better
A man is often known for the shoe he wears! No, it’s not a popular saying, but it was needed to be laid out in front of you to make the following point clear.
Even though the shoe a person wears only covers 5% of the total body area, this adds to the 30% of the visual judgment people make about a stranger they just met or have seen in the crowd.
But if we look closely, the cap-toe oxford from Stacy Adams is the real deal. This is a company well known for its heritage, customer satisfaction and overall standard of their products.
The materials used in this particular shoe are of the highest standards and is made from imported and authentic leather with a synthetic sole for durability and longevity.
Apart from that, the memory foam insert in the shoe adds to the comfort factor of the same. This is a stylish pair of dress shoe that you can buy without burning hole in your pockets!