When it comes to men’s dress shoes, there are many options available. The following review will give you some ideas. See the best three pairs of formal shoes you can buy under $200. It’s usually beneficial to invest in quality footwear, thereby ensuring they’ll last you for the years to come.
See some golden rules that if followed, should lead to a satisfying purchase next time you’re shopping for new shoes.
The right shoe for the right occasion – the most common mistake men make is to wear a pair of shoes that don’t quite fit the overall ambiance or the setting. Running shoes are made for all your outdoor activities. Work boots with steel toe inserts are made to keep your feet safe from any injuries caused by accidental drops of heavy equipment.
Now if we swap the two different footwear, then they don’t quite feel right as per the setting. You can wear shoes outside their preferred environment, but keep in mind, only do so as long as it seems appropriate.
Quality investment, not quantity – affording a pair of premium shoes is not possible for everyone. Buying inexpensive shoes every few months when you’re starting out is fine. However, investing in a pair of shoes that will last longer due to their overall quality and materials should be your ultimate goal.
Stacy Adams Men’s Dickinson Cap-Toe Oxfords
The most conservative and traditional form of dress shoe is the cap-toe design of oxford shoes. If your requirement is for a reliable pair of shoes for both casual occasions and work environments, opting for a pair of cap-toe oxfords is the best choice.
Stacy Adams men’s dress shoes have been a style partner of the modern American man for the past 100 years.
- Leather material for longevity and reliability
- The sole is made from a synthetic material that wears well
- These retro cap-toe designed pair of oxfords feature brogue styled trims with perforations and hidden eyelets for the lacing system
- The insides of the shoe feature memory foam for added comfort and a perfect fit
- Low heel in a stacked manner and a contrasting design of the outsole
- The shoe feels a bit stiff at the beginning
- The shoes have limited support in the arch region
Bruno MARC GORDON-03 Oxford
These lace up shoes are called Oxfords. They’re designed to be worn with suits and formal wear and are usually the height of a man’s ankle.
There are two types of Oxfords. They’re classified into two categories, namely bluchers and balmorals. The two types of shoes are distinguishable by the type of lacing systems incorporated in them.
Bruno Marc is a shoe manufacturer based in New York and offers classic and elegant looking dress shoes in several colors. These shoes from Bruno Marc feature upper portions made from faux leather, retro-designed lacing systems, leather lining, and anti-skid soles.
Bruno Marc men’s shoes deliver quality and style at an affordable price.
- Manufactured from a synthetic material that offers weather proof performance and durability
- 1’’ heel height
- The footbed of the shoe is made from latex, and the overall shoe is lined with premium leather
- Retro design in snipe toe style
- Comfortable to wear
- An initial strong smell that fades away with use
Calvin Klein Men’s Brodie Oxford
Oxfords are dress or formal shoes equipped with closed laces and stylized in a minimalistic manner as compared to other styles of dress shoes. If your attire is formal wear and suits, then Oxfords are the best type of shoes.
An American at heart, Calvin Klein men’s shoes are part of a fashion brand that is headquartered in Midtown Manhattan. There’s no need to explain the brand as they’re known for their commitment to quality, popularity, and notable designs.
- Imported leather
- Sole made from synthetic material for added durability
- The height of the heel is approximately 1’’
- The upper portion of the shoe is made from smooth leather
- The inserts of the footwear are made from soft padding material
- The overall quality could have been better
A man is often appraised based on the shoes he wears.
Your footwear only covers 5% of your total body area. However, it accounts for 30% of the visual judgment people make towards you.
Quality-wise if we look closely, the cap-toe Oxford from Stacy Adams is the real deal. This is a company well known for its heritage, customer satisfaction, and overall high standard of their products.
The materials used in this particular dress shoe are made from imported and authentic leather with a synthetic sole meant for durability.
Apart from that, the memory foam inserts add to its comfort factor. This is a stylish pair of men’s dress shoes that are also affordable when you compare its many features.